Howdy from Texas! I thought I would this Tex Mex sausage recipe! This is a Tex Mex version of a Chicago Dog!
Chris Apple, the owner operator of White Bull’s BBQ, sent me 3 of those Taco Uppercut seasonings. In fact, in case you didn’t know, I BECAME a brand Ambassador of Taco Uppercut!!! How awesome is that? They can be used on other foods like enchiladas, chili, scrambled eggs, hamburgers, steaks, pasta, pizza and of course tacos! More awesome recipes coming soon! Be sure to sign up for my email list and follow me on social media, so you don’t miss any!
Here are the ingredients needed:
- 1/3 Cup Onions
- Whole Green Pepper
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Corn (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime juice
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pickles
- 1 Tablespoon White Bulls BBQ Taco Uppercut Seasoning.. more or less can be added according to your taste
- Hot dog/sausage buns
Here are 7 steps of making Tex Mex Sausage:
- Chop off top of the tomatoes and green pepper
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and green pepper into small pieces
- Get a medium bowl out, pour in the vegetables and then mix it with taco uppercut seasonings
- Mix it real well until a glaze like topping is covering all ingredients
- Fry up the vegetables into a pan for about 15-20 minutes
- While frying up the vegetables, cook or grill 3-5 sausages for 20-25 minutes
- Put the sausages into buns and add the Tex Mex vegetables as toppings
Please check out our latest podcast episode with Chris Apple where we discuss with him about bringing autism awareness, acceptance and activism and me becoming a brand ambassador of taco seasonings! We’ve put that out on Friday! Visit the link here: About White Bull’s Barbecue (with Peyton)
You should also listen to a White Bull’s BBQ Friday food podcast where my mom talk with Chris Apple about his company and sharing his recipes on Youtube, Instagram and TikTok.
Thanks for reading this blog! I hope this recipe will inspire your idea of cooking food! Have a great day, y’all!